Madison Celebrates 20 Years Serving You!
“From a small seed a mighty trunk may grow.” ~ Aeschylus
Twenty years ago this month, Madison Wealth Management first opened its doors for business. Launching into the bursting of the dot.com bubble and weathering the post 9/11 shock, Madison endured. Then came the Great Recession of 2008 and now the 2020 pandemic. Despite all of these challenges, Madison has built a strong, sustainable firm by adhering to its core values, assembling a strong, talented team, and taking a deeply personal approach to advising and serving clients.
It all began on Madison Road in O’Bryonville, a leafy suburb of Cincinnati, Ohio. Jim McDermott, president, set up shop in October 2000 and quickly grew the team and partnerships. Alan Henning, Joe Hack and Mark Hogan were early partners. Ed Kuresman, now Madison’s chief investment officer, also came onboard very early as an intern and then full-time after graduating from college. Brad Meeks, hired several years ago, proved very valuable to the firm and was offered a partnership. The team was taking shape.
In January of 2019, Madison aquired boutique investment firm, Greystone Investment Management. Sally Humphrey and her talented team came aboard, and she became a Madison Principal. Our experienced team of professionals, always ready to help clients work toward achieving their goals, was secure and solid.
Madison now has 25 employees and associates, and continues to grow, managing close to $1 billion in assets. Jim McDermott attributes the firm’s growth to a blend of efforts: “Welcoming clients through referrals from existing clients, positive investment results, and key acquisitions.” Not satisfied with simply growing assets under management, a priority of Madison’s is to form long-term relationships with our clients, built upon understanding, communication, trust, and mutual respect.
We have found that many of our clients choose us based on our guiding principles, outlined on our website under “Why Us”. These guiding principles are the cornerstone to our success and have been instrumental in Madison being recognized with industry awards and accomplishments.
So here’s to another 20 years and beyond, as Madison strives to serve our clients to the highest possible levels! It is our privilege to serve our clients and share in your success!
Recent Industry Awards & Accomplishments:
- Named to the 2020 edition of the Financial Times (FT) 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers. The list recognizes top independent RIA firms from across the United States. The report names the 300 “most elite RIAs in the US” with top advisers having over 23 years of experience.
- Ranked in 2020 by Financial Advisor as 19th in the $500 million to < $1 billion asset category, and 333 out of over 700 RIAs nationwide. Also named among the nation’s Fastest Growing Independent Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) Firms by Financial Advisor.
- Named to Citywire’s 2019 inaugural list of “Future 50 RIAs”! Citywire recognized 50 of the firms that best represent its vision of the future of the industry. Citywire measured Madison’s independence, how we manage our own investment practice, what percentage of our income is fee based, how inclusive, diverse and sustainably-minded we are and how much we have grown as a business in recent years.
- Named to the 2020 edition of the Cincinnati Business Courier’s Top 25 Largest Greater Cincinnati Money Management Firms, based on assets under management.
- Named a top RIA in Cincinnati for several years in a row by online news media site AdvisoryHQ, that independently researches and ranks financial advisory and wealth management firms. AdvisoryHQ states “With a fee-only commitment and a strong set of client-centric principles, Madison Wealth Management is one of the best financial advisors in Cincinnati to consider partnering with this year.”
- Many of our professionals have been named Five Star Wealth Managers by Cincinnati Magazine for multiple years in a row. In 2020, a total of 1,406 wealth managers were considered for the award and only 16% were chosen.